It seems like fall always sneaks up on us faster than we’re expecting it. As we say goodbye to summer and prepare for cooler temps, it’s much easier ways to transition your wardrobe than you might think! Just a few staples can help you weather the in between season on a budget.
Here are five pieces that you will wear on repeat as the weather turns from warm to cool!
1. Plaid shirt: Plaid doesn’t have to mean flannel material. You can find lightweight plaid shirts that can be worn with shorts in the summer, and then layered with blazers or sweaters in the fall. Some good places to find plaid prints? American Eagle and Forever21.
2. Moto Jacket: Throw on a good leather moto jacket over a sleeveless tee in the warmer temps, and then layer it on with sweaters and long tunic tops in the cooler months. It’s a stylish, functional and timeless fashion piece. You can find an affordable moto jacket at Sheinside. If you’re looking to invest in a high quality jacket, check out Shopbop’s selection.
3. Booties: I’ve actually worn booties all summer! You can easily wear them with shorts and a tee or any style dress. When those temps start to drop, wear them with skinny jeans, leggings or even under flare denim. Booties are a must-have shoe for any wardrobe. You can find good options at Piperlime
4. Fedora : Whether paired with light or heavy layers, fedoras and wide-brim hats are a great way to transition from summer to fall. I recently styled a fedora for summer, as seen in this post, and I styled one for fall, as seen above! Currently, you can find a great fedora in many places, like Old Navy or Rag and Bone.
5. Printed Scarf: A printed scarf can do so much for neutrals, as well as work magic with layering. Wear with a sleeveless shirt and breezy skirt for warm weather, then pair with a sweater and moto jacket for fall. You can find some super affordable printed scarves at Deloom and Spotted Moth.
What are your necessities for transitioning your wardrobe?
Photo credits: Chelsey Heidorn
More from Anna Liesemeyer