Spring is here and we couldn’t be more pleased! With the warm weather, spring cleaning and adorable bunnies on their way, I’m also excited to reintroduce Spanish words lost throughout the year with fun, relevant bilingual children’s books.
Books are important to my parenting because they help us to explore – the world, lifestyles and, certainly, languages. And children’s books that celebrate diversity are an amazing resource in raising biracial kids, like mine. But even if you aren’t raising a bilingual baby, I hope you’ll fall in love with these seven spring and Easter bilingual children’s books like we did.
7 Bilingual Children’s Books on Spring and Easter
1. Spring is Here/Llego la Primavera: By Taro Gomi, this picture book is a simple choice for young toddlers and babies looking to learn a few Spanish words about springtime.
2. Este No Es Mi Conejito/That’s Not My Bunny: A sensory board book perfect for bilingual babies, you’ll have fun looking for bunny with your little one.
3.Veo la Primavera/I See Spring: Find the many wonders of spring. From rain and puddles to flowers and bugs, the freshness of spring is everywhere. A beautiful bilingual children’s book.
4. Hora de Dormir del Conjeo/Rabbit’s Bedtime: A beautifully translated verion of the classic Rabbit’s Bedtime, this book is truly bilingual with English/Spanish texts side by side.
5. La Historia de la Pascua: A Spanish version of the popular English version, The Story of Easter introduces the religious foundation of the holiday.
6. Ben’s Adventures in Spring Cleaning: We love this fun series on Ben and his adventures. Here, it’s fun to learn simple Spanish words for the annual practice we often do!
7. La Aventura de Dora y el Conejo de Pascua/Dora’s Easter Bunny Adventure: You might have to hit up your local library for this one, but you won’t be disappointed. We love Dora!