When the warm breeze first wafts through the house and the smell of barbeque fills the air, it’s hard not to get excited about the promise of summer. By the time September hits, however, let’s face it: there are more than a few reasons to get equally excited about the end of summer. Allow me to me count the ways (seven of ’em, to be exact):
7 Best Things About the End of Summer
7. Hear that? That’s the sweet, sweet sound of PEACE AND QUIET. (Thank you, school.)
6. Cooler weather = bulkier clothes = more wiggle room in the diet. (Come to Mama, chocolate chip cookies.)
5. Ice bucket challenges will perhaps give way to a less physically jarring charity social media campaigns…such as fall leaf pile jumps and hot cocoa sipping races.
4. No longer need to feel embarrassed that your last pedicure was in 2009 because guess what? NO MORE SANDALS. Woo-hoo!
3. After months of feeling like the kids’ bus service, you can put the kids on the actual bus.
2. Shorter days means “Look — it’s dark, kids! Bedtime!”…at seven o’clock.
1. Three words: pumpkin spice lattes.
Photo credit: iclipart.com
More from Candy Kirby