With summer in full-swing, it’s about time to throw a fabulously festive party! Summer soirees are the perfect excuse to get together with friends and show off your inner hostess with the mostess. I’m super excited to share these 7 summer soirees from around the web with you! Let’s take a look…
1. This poolside summer soiree is not lacking in details! The vibrant colors, citrus touches, and “splish splash” paper goods combine to create a summer party that’s unforgettable. I love how the decorative throw pillows even match the party!
Pro Tip: Use decorative paper lanterns from a party or craft store to instantly add pops of color for backyard soirees. They’re inexpensive and easy to put together!
2. Stay on trend with black and white stripes. I love this simple yet effective idea for small party tables or bar set-ups. Simply drape striped fabric over a foldout table and top with your party supplies. The look is bold and perfect for any accent color!
Pro Tip: Give your soiree a little party pizzazz with unique drink stirrers like these animal stirrers or even simple drink umbrellas for a little touch of fun!
3. Pick your favorite fruit. Looking for a theme for your summer soiree? Design a party all around your favorite fruit! I recently styled this blackberry treat table full of shades of purple and lots of blackberry goodies.
Pro Tip: Don’t be afraid to use a variety of shades of one color to add depth and interest to a single color palette party. You can do this by adding ribbons from the craft store as embellishments on favors, cake stands, or even tied around drink glasses.
4. I love how pops of vibrant colors are paired with a rustic farm table in this gorgeous sunflowers and succulents party. Pick a seasonal flower and let it shine in colorful vases down the center of a picnic table for a similar look.
Pro Tip: Combine decor and function by setting up a succulent or mini vase of flowers at each place setting. Guests can take them home as their “party favor” after their use as table decorations.
5. This “Pop Into Summer” party is not only fabulously festive but oh so clever. From a popcorn bar to Pop Rock ice cream cups, the “pop” theme is woven throughout the food and decor! I love the whimsical pink and orange details.
Pro Tip: Set up a DIY drink bar to keep your hostessing job to a minimum so you can enjoy the party too. Allocate one of your mini tables for all the drink goodies including fun straws and cocktail napkins and ta-da: drink bar!
6. Bring the beach to you with a beach-inspired summer party. I styled up this orange and tropical blue tablescape that’s reminiscent of Caribbean waters. Seashell decorations and plenty of color make this a party that screams summer!
Pro Tip: I always include a little appetizer to munch on at the table while guests are waiting on dinner. Even basic cheese straws in a cute bowl will keep guests comfortable and appetites ready.
7. Tap into your inner “kid” and create a casual backyard s’mores party! Display a variety of sweet treats like chocolate and fruit for adults and kids to create one-of-a-kind s’mores while lounging on comfy and cozy pillows and quilts.
Pro Tip: Outdoor lighting is key for a summer soiree! Pull out those white holiday lights and string them up for an ambiance that is perfect for backyard parties.
******Still looking for some inspiration? Throw the best bash on the block with eHow’s 11 Summer Entertaining Essentials.******
Get more celebrating and entertaining ideas from Courtney: