Bathrooms are often times a neglected part of the home, viewed more as utilitarian than a space to decorate. But why not make it an extension of your home and a retreat that you actually enjoy spending time in?
Consider a few (or all!) of these decorating ideas to make your loo a noteworthy space in your home.
1) Add small accent pieces of furniture. Treating a practical space (such as a bathroom) as a living room totally changes the vibe of the room. Adding a small side chair or side table adds interest and makes the room more visually stimulating.
2) Layer artwork! Artwork is a quick and easy way to add personality to your home. Hang a few pieces in the bathroom and you will instantly elevate the space.
3) Rethink traditional lighting. Bathroom lighting fixtures tend to be expected and dull. Investing in lighting is one of the quickest and easiest decor changes that dramatically changes the feel of a space. Add a punch with unexpected fixtures you wouldn’t typically find in a bathroom like a small table lamp or the picture art sconce seen below.
4) Add textiles. Cozy up the space by breaking up all of the hard surfaces with rugs, draperies and upholstered furniture. It will instantly make the space look and feel more inviting.
5) Add some greenery. Inviting interiors have many layers making the space feel like it has evolved over time rather than being thrown together over night. Put the finishing touch on your bathroom by adding a plant or a bouquet of flowers to finish off the space.