Mother’s Day is right around the corner! I just love thinking of ways to WOW my favorite moms. This year, I thought it would be incredibly fun to throw a simple DIY brunch for all my close mom friends to say, “You rock and I think the world of you!” I have had a blast putting together a the best DIY Mother’s Day brunch ideas from around the Web, and I am excited to share my inspiration with you today.
1. This blooming monogram has my head swirling, it’s absolutely genius. These are all fake flowers! I am so in love. The letters are made out of paper mache, but you could easily purchase them pre-made from your local craft store. The tutorial creates a perfect mantle piece or backrop for brunch.
2. These watercolor linens are on my list to try immediately. I love how dainty and perfect for a brunch they are. This trendy ombre napkin will take your table display to the next level. The dying method is really simple — it only involves a spray bottle and some artist’s watercolors.
3. Have a blast learning how to make your own tea bags with this tutorial. Spoil your favorite moms with a great loose leaf tea. These adorable bags are great to serve at brunch or make great party favors. I am so crazy about these little hearts, you won’t find cuter tea bags anywhere!
4. Center the brunch table with these no-sew flowers. No need to buy a dozen super expensive roses when you can make these. Place these fabric goodies in your favorite thrifted vase and you will have a simple and great brunch centerpiece. The best part is that these flowers won’t wilt on you 3 days later!
5. Bring some life to the party with these beautiful homemade flower tins. The tins are made from old soup/vegetable cans that have been painted. So smart! Without a doubt, these are some of the thriftiest decorations you can make. All you’ll need is an appetite for a few canned veggies, a visit to your local flower shop, and paint to create great brunch decor.
6. What better way to serve up coffee (a must at all brunches in my opinion) than in these DIY painted coffee mugs? Mom will be shocked that this tutorial uses mugs from the dollar store and a few sharpies instead of going on a shopping spree at your local Anthropologie.
7. Recreate this floral wall art simply by picking flowers from your garden and using old book pages. It is perfect to add subtle color to the walls for the mid-morning festivities (use a vintage poem book for a nice brunch touch).
8. Best. Gift. Ever! I am falling head over heels for this DIY Mother’s Day mug set. The set is something you will be able to use for your get-together and give to your mom when brunch is over. The gifts that keep giving are truly the best.
9. Going the fresh flower route? Well, present flowers tucked away in these dip-dyed bouquet holders. These holders are so picturesque for a bunch of fresh (insert mom’s favorite flower here). I’ve had great fun trying these out!
10. Fill your tables with these handmade photo vases. I am still in shock that these are made out of PVC pipes! Can you believe it? The tutorial guides you through the easy step-by-step instructions to create a walk down memory lane at your Mother’s Day brunch. Looking for more PVC pipe centerpiece ideas? Learn how to make this modern spring centerpiece using just gold spray paint and PVC pipe.
11. Last but not least, is this charming Mother’s Day garland . Make Mother’s Day extra special by creating this personalized, one-of-a-kind garland. Paper and a little sewing machine know how is all you need to create this amazing masterpiece.
I hope you have been inspired today. I am fabulously excited to celebrate this upcoming Mother’s Day with a simple brunch and a handful of great, crafty projects! Now go start planning, and don’t forget the bacon and mimosas.