I love a hearty bowl of pasta, and this particular recipe is one of my favorites. It’s so creamy that you would never guess that it’s dairy-free. And thanks to the hearty white beans and gluten-free pasta, you don’t miss the gluten either. Once you see my carefully selected list of flavorful, nutritious ingredients, your mouth will be watering.
Fresh zucchini, white beans, crushed red pepper flakes, ground flax seeds (rich in Omega 3’s to fight inflammation) and sesame seeds (great source of non-dairy calcium) get tossed together in a fun, flavorful and savory sauce with gluten-free spaghetti for a tasty dish with a little kick. This will surely trick your taste buds into thinking you used dairy and gluten! It’s just that good, and just that good for you.
Spicy White Bean and Zucchini Spaghetti
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free and Vegan
- 12 oz. gluten-free pasta
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 (15 oz.) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp. Barlean’s organic ground flax seeds
- Cook gluten-free pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water according to package; drain and rinse under cool water for 2 minutes then set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk oil, vinegar, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, sea salt and pepper.
- Add cooked pasta, white beans, zucchini and finely chopped fresh basil, red pepper, sesame seeds and ground flax seeds; gently toss to coat with balsamic dressing.
- Serve warm.
Photo credit: Amie Valpone