With September just a week away, it’s hard to deny that summer is coming to a close. The last few weekends of tank tops and flip-flops are drawing near, and the days are becoming noticeably shorter. There are a few perks to this predicament we’re in, however. Football games, pumpkin spice lattes, tall boots, back to school sales, and of course, tailgating.
Football is as much about the food as it is about the game. Mostly because, no matter what shirt we wear or what seat we sit in, we can’t affect anything that happens on the field. We can affect how happy the crowd is that is helping us cheer for the home team. Spoiler alert: they need beer and creamy dip.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup IPA (India Pale Ale)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 jalapenos, diced (remove seeds and membrane for lower heat)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To a food processor, add the cream cheese, sour cream, mozzarella, cheddar, lemon juice, beer, cornstarch, chili powder, salt and jalapenos.
- Process until well combined.
- Pour into a baking dish.
- Stir together the melted butter and panko, spread evenly over the dip.
- Bake at 350 F until warmed through and panko is golden brown, about 20 minutes.