Beer in quinoa?
This salad is a great way to use up the excess ingredients that inevitably accumulate in your fridge. I love adding new flavors and textures to my salads; and with a leftover bottle of gluten-free beer, some dairy-free cheese, a few fresh zucchini and fresh spices, I’ve created a well-rounded, delicious, gluten-free meal with protein-packed quinoa!
You’ll love the smoky, flavorful taste of this dish. Feel free to toss in some of your other favorite veggies. Grape tomatoes and fresh herbs add great flavor, as well. Get creative and have fun! This one-bowl-wonder will have you and your family begging for more.
Gluten-Free Beer Soaked Quinoa
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegetarian
- 1 cup dry quinoa, rinsed
- 1 bottle gluten-free beer (such as Daura beer)
- 1/2 cup organic vegetable broth
- 6 oz. dairy-free cheddar cheese
- 2 large zucchini, diced
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, cook quinoa with beer and vegetable broth until tender, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat; drain excess liquid and add in remaining ingredients; mix well to combine.
- Serve warm.