Chili dogs know how to party. Especially when you add beer. It’s messy, eat with your hands, smile with food on your face, ask for seconds, type of food. It’s a meal that you make when you know the people coming over are the type of people you want to have a good time with.
Chili dogs are made on summer days, when a beer is in one hand and napkin is balanced on your lap and you don’t even care if you get some on your shirt because you might not even be wearing one.
This is the sauce that takes your average dog into Party Dog mode, a little spicy, a little tipsy, and a lot of fun. Sort of like you.
Chipotle Stout Chili Dog Sauce
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ white onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2/3 cup stout beer
- 2 chipotle peppers, chopped
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium high-heat. Add the onions and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground beef, stirring and breaking up until mostly browned, about 6 minutes.
- Add the beer, chipotle peppers, tomato paste, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika and Worcestershire sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 8 additional minutes.