Where to Find Federal Grants for Single Parents

Next Video:
Where to Fill Out Grants for Free....5

Find federal grants for single parents by completing the free application for federal student aid, providing documentation on tax returns and W-2s, and checking out non-profit organizations that offer grants. Check the requirements for different federal grants with help from a financial aid officer in this free video on financial aid grants.

Part of the Video Series: Financial Aid Grant Information
Promoted By Zergnet


Video Transcript

Hi, my name is Brooke Kramer, and I'm the financial aid officer with Argosy University in Salt Lake City. And today, I'm going to talk to you about how to find federal grants for single parents. And the main one you're going to want to apply for is for the Pell grant, especially if you are an undergraduate student. You can find this by completing the free application for federal student aid at www.fafsa.ed.gov. When you complete this application, you will need your prior year's tax return as well as your W-2s. Once you complete this application, the school that you have selected to receive a copy of your results will notify you what you have been awarded. This includes grants, but it will also include student loans if you are interested in those as well. If you're interested in other grants, you can always check out non-profit organizations as well as specifically with your school if there's any other types of grants available. You will definitely want to check out what requirements are for each of those grants to see if you even qualify for them. If you have any other questions regarding this, please visit our website at www.argosy.edu.


Related Searches

Is DIY in your DNA? Become part of our maker community.
Submit Your Work!