How to Force Refinancing During Divorce

Next Video:
How to Lower Child Support Payments....5

There is no way to force a spouse to refinance during a divorce without a court order. Find out how to sell a house and split the proceeds with a spouse with help from a certified civil mediator in this free video on law and legal questions.

Part of the Video Series: Legal Questions
Promoted By Zergnet


Video Transcript

You and your spouse may be considering splitting ways but your only asset is your house or which in this present economy has declined in value and one of you is going to keep it and the other one wants to get off, so you want to know, how do we force the other one to refinance so I can get my name off of it. Hello, I'm Robert Todd and I'm here to answer the question, how to force a refinancing during a divorce. Well first of all there is no way to force a spouse to do anything without a court order. So you're going to ultimately either need an agreement of the spouse that is going to keep the house to refinance or you're going to need a court order compelling them to do so. And in many instances, with the economy being the way it has been, the lender will not necessarily be amenable to refinancing. So it may be that you're going to have to sell the house, split the proceeds if there are any or split the deficiency if that what happens. You may want to consider seeking the services of a family law specialist to assist you in this matter to make sure you're doing the right and correct legal thing. I'm Robert Todd and thank you for watching.


Related Searches

Is DIY in your DNA? Become part of our maker community.
Submit Your Work!