Applying for US Department of Education Loans

Next Video:
How to Apply Online for Student Loans....5

The first thing to do when applying for U.S. Department of Education loans is to complete the FAFSA. Find out what awards a student is eligible for with help from a financial aid officer in this free video on student loans.

Part of the Video Series: Student Loans
Promoted By Zergnet


Video Transcript

Hi, my name is Brooke Kramer and I am the Financial Aid Officer at Argosy University in Salt Lake City, and today I'm going to tell you how to apply for the Department of Education's federal loans. The very first thing you need to do is, first go complete an application, and this is called the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, and you can find it at When you complete the FAFSA you will need your most recent tax return, as well as your parent's most recent tax return if you are a dependent student. Once you complete this application, the school or university you're applying for will give you an award letter stating what you qualify in student aid, including those student loans. If you have any other questions, please feel free to check out our website at


Related Searches

Is DIY in your DNA? Become part of our maker community.
Submit Your Work!