How to Get an Extension to File Taxes

Next Video:
How to Lower Your Taxes....5

Getting an extension to file taxes requires filing a 4868 form by April 15th, which extends the deadline for filing taxes to October 15th, but there is no extension for paying the IRS money owed. Get an extension to file your taxes with information from an IRS tax agent in this free video on personal finance.

Part of the Video Series: Paying Taxes
Promoted By Zergnet


Video Transcript

On this segment we'll talk about obtaining an extension to file your taxes. You must file form forty-eight-sixty-eight by April 15 to extend the time to file your tax return. You then have an extension for six months, until October 15. If you think you owe money to the IRS, you must pay that money by April 15, there is no extension on the money you owe, only on the tax return you want to file. You can file your taxes after you file that extension, any time between April 15 and October 15. Thank you.


Related Searches

Is DIY in your DNA? Become part of our maker community.
Submit Your Work!