Will Medicare Pay for Adjustable Beds?

Next Video:
Does Medicare Pay for Wheelchair Ramps?....5

Medicare can pay for adjustable beds for patients with a doctor's prescription, and those needing the bed for a temporary period often get approval much faster than those with chronic conditions. Make the approval process quicker and smoother when attaining and adjustable bed with advice from a licensed insurance broker in this free video on Medicare.

Part of the Video Series: Medicare
Promoted By Zergnet

Video Transcript

Hi, my name is Bill Hager. I'm a licensed life, health, and annuities agent in the state of Florida. The question comes up on Medicare recipients, about whether Medicare will pay for an adjustable bed. The answer is basically, it depends on that given circumstance. It does need a doctor's prescription. A primary care physician, or a specialist, can authenticate that, that particular recipient does need an adjustable bed, because of their given situation, at that time. There are codicils to that though, that explain it more in depth. If it is something that is a immediate need, that is a given start and end date, perhaps for rehabilitative services, or something at a customer's home, that can be done, and get an approval much faster. If it is a chronic condition, that needs ongoing recurring prescriptions, that are then sent by the specialist or the primary care physician involved, on to the Medicare department, in order for them to continue authorizing the bed, so it has to have periodic inspections, or physicals by that specialist, to confirm that they still need that particular situation, for an adjustable bed. Obviously, they want to do the best for the Medicare recipient involved, but it really depends on that given circumstance, and it is on a case by case basis, but the approval can be granted, as long as the doctor involved, has written the prescription in the correct manner, and has kept up with ongoing periodic examinations, of that Medicare recipient. I hope that answers your question properly. Again, my name is Bill Hager, and I'm a licensed life, health, and annuities agent, in the state of Florida. Thank you.


Related Searches

Is DIY in your DNA? Become part of our maker community.
Submit Your Work!