How to Make a Dog Vomit

Save
Next Video:
How to Take a Dog's Temperature....5

Learn how to help your dog vomit if he has eaten something poisonous in this free video clip.

Part of the Video Series: Dog First Aid
Promoted By Zergnet

Comments

Video Transcript

Let's say your dog has eaten something or he is just fat that he has eaten something that is poisonous. An example, would be Bakers chocolate. As we know, all chocolate is dangerous to dogs. Bakers chocolate is particularly dangerous because it has a higher concentration of theobromine line which is the chemical that is in chocolate and is dangerous for dogs. So if we suspect or know that our dog has eaten some chocolate, we need to get him to vomit. This is not chocolate. Obviously anything that is dangerous for dogs. It could be rat poison, could be grapes, raisins, Macadamia nuts, anything or any plant that is toxic for dogs. We need to get them to vomit right away. If it has been past 30 minutes and this is not what you want to actually take your dog to the vet. But if it is before 20 or 30 minutes, then you can get Hydrogen Peroxide and a syringe. For a dog that is approximately 60 pounds, you are going to use 2 tablespoons of Hydrogen Peroxide. You are going to draw the Hydrogen Peroxide into the syringe and then you are going to put it in the dog's mouth, pick up his flap here, put it back in the dog's throat and put it in the dog's mouth. They are not going to like it but in about 3 to 5 minutes, it should induce vomiting. If this has not induced vomiting in 5 minutes, then you are going to inject another 2 tablespoons of Hydrogen Peroxide. Obviously if you have a small dog, you are going to use a smaller amount. You want to achieve vomiting so that the dog throws up something he has eaten. If it is something that is sharp object or glass, we are not talking about poisons here, we are talking about something dangerous but not poisonous, you do not want to start the dog vomiting. In the case where it has been glass or some sharp object, get the dog to the veterinarian immediately. If your dog after they have thrown up starts to exhibit signs where they are uncoordinated or confused, get your dog to the vet as soon as you can. But if you know what they have eaten and you k now that it has been recent they have eaten it, you can induce vomiting and be fairly sure that it is not going to leave the stomach and go into the intestines. You can also give activated charcoal after you have induced vomiting so that once the activated charcoal does get into the intestines, it will actually absorb any toxins that made it past the stomach.

Featured

Related Searches

M
Is DIY in your DNA? Become part of our maker community.
Submit Your Work!