Unemployment Visa Debit Cards in Indiana


Unemployed Indiana residents can receive jobless benefit payments through the prepaid Visa EPPICard system. The EPPICard is more secure and efficient than mailing checks to unemployment recipients, according to the Indiana Department of Workforce Development. You receive your card after being approved for benefits, and the state distributes your payments to the prepaid card. You can use your card to make purchases or withdraw benefits from it via ATM or bank teller.

Receiving the Card

You receive your card by mail about 21 days after you first file your claim. It comes in a plain white envelope for security purposes, so don’t mistakenly throw it out. To activate the unemployment card, sign the back of it and call the number listed on the sticker on the front. Follow the instructions of the automated system to activate the card and set the PIN.

Using the Card

After the state starts depositing money on your prepaid unemployment card, you can use your benefits by either using an ATM, withdrawing with a bank teller or making debit card purchases. If your personal bank account is a Visa member bank, you can transfer funds from your prepaid unemployment account to your checking or savings account. To make transfers or view your account balance, access the Indiana EPPICard website.


There are fees associate with using your Indiana unemployment card. The fees are deducted from the benefits the state deposits on the card. Your first withdrawal from a participating ATM or bank is free each month. After that, you pay $1.25 for each ATM transaction not completed at Old National Bank, National City Bank or MoneyPass stores. This is in addition to any fees charged by the ATM. Each teller withdrawal is $2.50. It costs $1.50 to perform an international transaction, 50 cents for each ATM inquiry and 25 cents for each ATM denial. To avoid fees, take advantage of the free cash back debit transactions or use free ATM locations.

Lost or Stolen Cards

If your EPPICard is lost or stolen, report it immediately by calling the ACS call center at 1-800-393-5866. Once you’ve reported your lost or stolen card, ACS will cancel it and send you a new one. The card replacement fee is $5, and it may take up two weeks to receive it by mail. For express service three-day service, the fees is $15. You may still receive unemployment benefits while you wait for a new card, but you won’t be able to access them.

Related Searches


Promoted By Zergnet


You May Also Like

Related Searches

Check It Out

Are You Really Getting A Deal From Discount Stores?

Is DIY in your DNA? Become part of our maker community.
Submit Your Work!