Administrative coordinators handle advanced clerical functions. As a coordinator, you implement administrative systems, monitor projects, resolve administrative problems, coordinate operations between departments and often supervise others. Skills required include knowledge of system processes, ability to foster client relationships and skills in developing standards. You must also have good communication, writing, research and management skills. Depending on the size of the company, there are numerous opportunities to move up.
According to the Glassdoor job site, the national average salary for an administrative coordinator is $42,000 a year as of June 2014. Career Builder reports an average yearly salary of $44,031 as of July 2014, though actual salaries vary by location. For example, Career Builder reports that an administrative coordinator averages $45,874 a year in California, $41,014 a year in Kansas, $40,806 in Florida and $32,032 in Maine. Many employers prefer a bachelor's degree and at least one year of experience.
Some administrative coordinators move on to become executive administrative coordinators. This job pays an average salary of $51,970 a year as of July 2014, according to Career Builder. Qualifications may include a master's degree and experience working with executives. Those looking for even higher pay can become administrative services managers, who earned a median income of $81,080 a year as of May 2012, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. The BLS reports that these managers "plan, direct and coordinate supportive services" for a company. The minimum education requirement for an administrative services manager is not as stringent as for other administrative coordinator positions. Many companies require only a high school diploma as long as you have relevant professional experience, though some employers prefer candidates with a bachelor's degree in business, engineering or facility management.
- Monster: Administrative Coordinator Job Description
- Career Builder: Salary Calculator - Administrative Coordinator In California
- Career Builder: Salary Calculator - Administrative Coordinator In Kansas
- Career Builder: Salary Calculator - Administrative Coordinator In Florida
- Career Builder: Salary Calculator - Administrative Coordinator In Maine
- American Civil Liberties Union of Tennessee: Job Description - Administrative Coordinator
- LinkedIn: Job Description - Administrative Coordinator
- Glassdoor.com: Job Description - Administrative Coordinator
- Bureau of Labor Statistics: Administrative Services Managers
- Photo Credit Szepy/iStock/Getty Images
- American Society of Administrative Professionals
- Jobvite: Executive Coordinator - Sales and Marketing
- Career Builder: Salary Calculator - National Average Salary For "Administrative Coordinator"
- Career Builder: Salary Calculator - National Average Salary For "Executive Administrator Coordinator"
- Michigan Municipal League: Executive Administrative Coordinator
Executive Coordinator Job Description
Executive coordinators perform administrative duties at the executive level of an organization. Other occupational titles for executive coordinators are administrative assistant, executive...
The Average Salary of an Office Coordinator
Office clerks are hired by companies to take on administrative and clerical duties. Responsibilities depend on the specific employer; however, services typically...
Assistant Coordinator Job Description
In a company, the assistant coordinator reports to the supervisor to ensure event planning is properly executed. Working with other colleagues, suppliers,...
The Average Salary of a Sales Coordinator
Many organizations have a sales staff to sell and market their products and services. The sales team is a key factor for...
The Average Salary of an Insurance Coordinator
An insurance coordinator organizes the various departments in an insurance agency. He assists with insurance claims, operations, human resources and marketing to...
How Much Does an HR Coordinator Make?
An HR coordinator is a human resources professional who performs a variety of administrative duties to support an HR department and the...
How Much Does a Hospital Care Coordinator Make?
Hospital care coordinators are considered to be valuable managers for health care planning. The coordinator is a central figure who takes charge...
How Much Does a Project Coordinator Make?
A project manager or coordinator may plan and execute a variety of types of projects, although the term typically refers to those...
How Much Does a Service Coordinator Make?
Service coordinators, also known as meeting planners, meeting coordinators, event planners and event coordinators, put together events for the general public and...
Administrative Coordinator Duties
Performing a key role in the successful organization and day-to-day operations of an office, an administrative coordinator oversees its administrative activities, manages...