There are, by my count, at least seven levels of fried chicken. The worst of them is good; the best, which I waited forty-four years to find, led to what can only be called an out-of-body experience. Let’s start at …
Lasagna takes time to prepare due to the variety of ingredients used. Many people prefer to freeze the dish so that they have a quick meal ready. You may freeze lasagna after you bake it in the oven or prepare it ahead of time and bake it later. Baking the pasta in the oven may cause it to have a mushy texture after you reheat it. Freeze the dish using the method that you prefer to enjoy lasagna after a long workday. Add this to my Recipe Box.
Prepare and bake the lasagna according to the recipe.
Remove the baked lasagna from the oven.
Allow the lasagna dish to cool completely. Place the dish in a pan filled with ice water to help it cool down to room temperature.
Wrap the lasagna with aluminum foil, freezer paper wrap or plastic freezer wrap completely. Wrap the packaging with freezer tape to secure it in place.
Label the lasagna with the contents and the date.
Prepare the lasagna according to the recipe but do not bake it in the oven.
Place the lasagna pan in the freezer until it firms completely. This may take up to one or two hours.
Wrap the lasagna with aluminum foil, plastic freezer wrap or freezer paper wrap. Wrap it tightly to prevent ice crystals from forming. Secure the packaging in place by wrapping it with freezer tape.
Label the lasagna with the date and the contents.
- "Southern Living"; Fix and Freeze Lasgana, Three Ways; Charla Draper; May 2006
- All Recipes: Freezing Foods A Real Time Saver Article
- University of Kentucky Extension; Make Ahead Meals; Sandra Bastin, PhD, RD, LD, CCE; August 2007
- University of Nebraska Lincoln; Common Foods That Do Not Freeze Well; Alice Henneman, MS, RD
- Utah State University Extension; Freezer Meals; Melanie D. Jewkes
- Oregon State University; Freezing Convenience Foods; C. Rabb, et al.; April 2009
- Photo Credit Jupiterimages/Photos.com/Getty Images