The address book in the Toshiba Estudio 351c equipped with the GD-1200 fax option holds up to 1,000 contacts with both the fax number and email address. Used for both fax and scan-to-email functions, the address book also contains information needed for the transmissions such as transmission type, quality transmission mode, error correction mode and the line used for fax transmission. When a large number of addresses are to be inputted, import the address book to the Estudio 351c in the form of a Comma Separated Values file. Addresses uploaded in the CSV file don't displace addresses already present. They are added to the entries already in the address book.
Open a text editor program. Create a CSV file of the address book entries. According to Toshiba TEC, the file must be formatted precisely as follows without quotes:
"Group Name,Contact Key,Prefix,First Name,Last Name,Suffix,Display Name,Company Name,Department Name,First Fax Number,Second Fax Number,Email Address,Furigana,One Touch ID,Notes,Attenuation,Error Correction Mode,Fax Mode,Line Monitor,Line Selection,Option Type,Oversea Calls,Print Transmission Report,Short Protocol,Transmission Type,UseDeviceSettings,UseSubAddSID,Compression,PageWidth,Resolution,Password,SenderIdentification,SEP,SubAddress
Save the file with a ".csv" file extension.
Click "Start" on your desktop, then click "All Programs." Scroll down to Toshiba e-Studio Client, then click "Toshiba e-Studio Address Book Client." The eStudio Address Book Viewer opens.
Click "File." Scroll down to Import, then click "CSV File."
Navigate to the CSV file saved in Step 1. Select the file, then click "Open." The imported address book appears in the address book viewer window.
Tips & Warnings
- The CSV file can be created in a spreadsheet program such as in Microsoft Excel or OpenOffice Calc. Create the spreadsheet with the column headers found in the CSV format instructions. Enter the data in the columns, and then save it as a ".csv" file. To more easily handle the CSV file creation, enter two or three address book entries manually into the Estudio 351c and then export the CSV file. Use the exported CSV file as a template to add the rest of the address book entries to the file. If any records are skipped during the import process, verify that the record hasn't been duplicated, the group name doesn't contain invalid characters and the fax number isn't invalid. If your computer has Microsoft Office XP or later installed, the option exists in the address book viewer to import the data in a vCard file instead of the CSV file.
- "Network Fax Guide, eStudio 281c/351c/451c"; Toshiba TEC Corporation; 2005
- "Operator's Manual for Facsimile Function, GD-1200"; Toshiba TEC Corporation; 2005
- "User Functions Guide, eStudio 281c/351c/451c"; Toshiba TEC Corporation; 2005
- "Service Manual, eStudio 281c/351c/451c"; Toshiba TEC Corporation; 2005
- Photo Credit Polka Dot RF/Polka Dot/Getty Images