Frequent flyers on Canada Air can sign up for the Aeroplan program and redeem frequent flyer air miles for rewards. You can sign up for an Aeroplan account and frequent flyer number on the Air Canada website.
Several options exist for earning Aeroplan miles, including:
- Flights on any Air Canada flight
- Flights on any Star Alliance airlines such as United, Air China, ANA, Lufthansa and Turkish Airlines
- Air Canada co-branded American Express credit cards. These cards offer bonus miles for signing up as well as miles for everyday spending on the card
- Booking hotels, rental cars and travel insurance through aircanada.com
- Transferring points from American Express Membership Rewards and Diners Club programs
The number of miles you earn depends on the distance flown and type of fare you purchase. Use the Air Canada Aeroplan miles calculator to figure out how many miles a trip earns.
The Aeroplan program offers several options for redeeming frequent flyer miles for rewards:
You can put Aeroplan miles toward award flights on all Air Canada routes, including Air Canada Express and Air Canada Rouge flights. You can also use the miles on Star Alliance flights. Rewards flights start at 15,000 miles for short-haul domestic flights in economy. Use the Aeroplan reward chart to see how many miles are needed for different routes and cabin classes.
Through the Aeroplan website, you can search for and put your Aeroplan miles toward hotel reservations, car rentals and vacation packages. Participating travel partners include Sheraton, Westin, Best Western, Fairmont and Avis.
If flights or travel are not in your plans, you can put your Aeroplan miles toward other items, including:
- $50 Air Canada gift certificate for the on-board duty-free boutique or other travel expenses
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge guest pass
- Annual Air Canada Maple Leaf Club membership
- Merchandise through the Aeroplan shopping mall
- Gift cards
- Experiences like theater tickets and concerts
- Donation to the Air Canada Foundation
- Apply your miles to offset your carbon footprint
You can also transfer your miles to another Aeroplan member or buy miles to top off your account. Both options incur an additional per-mile fee.
When you decide how you want to use your miles, sign into your Aeroplan online account. From the home page, choose the tab for the type of reward you want. Add that award to your shopping cart and check out using your points. All items require you to have the exact amount of points to purchase.