Pacifier clips are important as a way to keep your infant's pacifier nearby and germ free. Making your own beaded pacifier clip is quick, simple and requires very little craft knowledge. This creative project allows for personalization, offering the option to display a name or initials in beads or to coordinate with favorite outfits. By making this item yourself, you will be able to choose your own colors and style.
Things You'll Need
- Paracord string
- Tape measure
- Suspender clip
Cut a piece of 1/8-inch paracord string to 16 inches in length.
Slip the paracord string through the hole in the suspender clip and make a double knot to secure the string. Cut off any extra string that is left hanging.
String beads of your choice, one at a time, down the paracord string until approximately 12 inches of string are beaded.
Tie a knot tightly at the end top of the beaded string. Repeatedly tie additional knots over the original knot until it is big enough to sufficiently cover the hole of the last bead.
Attach the beaded pacifier clip to a pacifier by wrapping the remaining paracord string around the handle of a pacifier and securely double knotting the thread. Trim off any excess string.
Tips & Warnings
- Coordinate string and bead colors for a professional touch.
- String letter charms after every third bead that represent either your baby's initials or first name. This is great for parents with twins or triplets who want to have one unique pacifier holder for each.
- Attach small jingle bells in between green and red beads for a festive feel at Christmas time.
- Never leave your baby alone with a beaded pacifier clip. And supervise the use of the beaded clip at all times. Loose beads are choking hazard.
- Photo Credit Pixland/Pixland/Getty Images
How to Make Pacifier Holders
Your sanity as a new parent may rely so heavily on a pacifier that you keep a backup supply. Even with backups,...
How to Make Fake Earrings
Fake earrings allow you to add a stylish fashion accessory without the hassle or pain involved in having your ears pierced. You...