Sherwin-Williams is a Cleveland, Ohio-based manufacturer of paint for home, commercial and professional uses with more than 3,300 locations in the U.S., Canada and the Caribbean. Founded in 1866, it is the largest producer of paints and coatings in the U.S. and one of the largest in the world. Choosing paint colors can be done easily by visiting www.sherwin-williams.com to browse color and project ideas.
Things You'll Need
- Computer with Internet
- Smartphone (optional)
- Access to Sherwin-Williams store
Choose paint colors by family
Choose a color family. The colors are listed by exterior and interior paint types and divided into nine color families; blues, cool neutrals, greens, oranges, reds, violets, warm neutrals, whites and yellow.
Click the square of the color(s) you like. It will display a larger sample of the color, along with the color's name, color code and color strip location.
Write down the information for each color you like.
Browse paint colors by collection
Choose a collection, which is a group of complementary colors chosen by professional designers and painted in a room to invoke a mood or look.
Click on any of the samples to see the colors in various rooms or settings.
Choose other colors or settings to see alternate color collections.
Tips & Warnings
- Any of the color choice tools are also available by visiting a local Sherwin-Williams store. You can also bring home color cards to assess color possibilities.
- Colors may vary in appearance on-screen due to different monitor settings and features. To be completely certain of your choice, consider visiting a Sherwin-Williams store to refer to the color cards and take one home to judge the color.
- Photo Credit Jupiterimages/Photos.com/Getty Images Comstock/Comstock/Getty Images James Woodson/Photodisc/Getty Images
- Sherwin-Williams Color Safety Guide
How to Paint a Galvanized Metal Roof With Sherwin Williams
Galvanized metal is a metal that is treated with hot zinc that is designed to protect the roof from the elements. Oftentimes,...
Sherwin Williams Concrete Floor Stain Colors
If you want to add some flair to any of your concrete surfaces, such as your driveway, sidewalk, garage or basement floor,...
Sherwin Williams Exterior Stain Colors
Sherwin Williams exterior stains are thicker than traditional furniture stain. This thickness helps prevent drips and runs. It allows the stain to...
Virtual Paint Color Design Ideas
Before committing to a new paint color, consider using one of the many paint visualization tools available online. Many tools allow you...
Caribbean House Colors
Caribbean homes use the bright and bold colors in the natural environment and soft pastels to decorate the exterior and interior. The...
Sherwin-Williams Exterior Paint Colors
Sherwin-Williams has been making paint and paint products since 1866. They have a wide variety of paint colors to choose from. Painting...