How to File a Biweekly Claim for Unemployment in Kentucky


To continue receiving your unemployment benefits after approval of your initial claim, you must certify with the state at regular intervals. In Kentucky, you must certify every other week. Certification requires answering questions regarding your employment status since your last certification. You must answer the questions truthfully or risk a felony charge if your benefit amount is more than $100. If you are unable to file your biweekly claim online, you can call the Kentucky Office of Employment and Training Voice Response Unit at 877-369-5984 to file your claim using the department's telephone system.

Things You'll Need

  • Social Security number
  • Personal identification number

Open the Kentucky Unemployment Insurance Claims System website in your web browser (see Resources). The KYOET system is available from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Sunday.

Enter your Social Security number and personal identification number in the provided boxes, and click "Submit" to log into the system. Do not use any dashes or spaces when entering your Social Security number. If you do not remember your PIN, you can retrieve it online by clicking on "Forgot your Pin?"

Answer the questions regarding your employment status for the previous two weeks. Provide the amounts of any pay you received if you performed any work for pay.

Click on the option to file your claim, and wait for confirmation that the state received your claim.

Tips & Warnings

  • The telephone claims system provides a Spanish language option for claimants who do not speak English.
  • Kentucky OET provides job services for individuals seeking employment.
  • KYOET's website is only available using the Internet Explorer browser and as of 2011, only supports version IE 8 or less. Users of IE version 9 must downgrade to a previous version or use the telephone claims system.
  • The online claims system will close if your computer is idle for 15 minutes. If the system closes, log back in to file your claim.
  • If you are unable to log into the system due to site issues, you are still responsible for filing your claim. Use the Voice Response Unit or visit your local office if you are unable to file online.

Related Searches


Promoted By Zergnet


You May Also Like

Related Searches

Check It Out

4 Credit Myths That Are Absolutely False

Is DIY in your DNA? Become part of our maker community.
Submit Your Work!