In "Pokemon Emerald," Faraway Island is an area off the coast of the Hoenn mainland. Only one Pokemon makes its home on this distant land; however, that lonesome Pokemon is Mew, a legendary Psychic-type creature that resembles a cat. The Old Sea Map, a special item released by Nintendo, can lead you to the island, but you can also warp to the area by using a series of GameShark codes.
Enter the Master code into the GameShark: 9266FA6C97BD 905B5ED35F81 B76A68E5FAB1. This code allows you to use cheats within the game.
Enter the code 19C67C656689 94318A10E753. This code allows you to warp to Faraway Island.
Begin the game file.
Lead your character through any doorway while holding the 'L' button on the Game Boy Advance. When you come out the other side, you will be on Faraway Island.
Tips & Warnings
- To locate Mew, travel northwest through the cliffs along the shore and then west through the maze of trees further inland. You will find a hidden passageway on the west end of the island. Beyond the passage is a meadow covered in tall grass.
- Mew will attempt to hide from you in the grass; however, its long tail and constant rustling will give away its position. Follow the elusive creature until you manage to corner it. It will engage you in battle.
- Mew is at level 30, so battle it with a Pokemon of equal strength. Mew knows the Transform ability, so avoid sending out a Pokemon that you wouldn't want to battle. Use a Master Ball to capture Mew if you don't feel comfortable battling it.
- Once you capture Mew, you can teach it nearly any elemental attack available through Technical or Hidden Machines. Give your Pokemon a diverse move set.
- Save the game before you engage Mew in battle. If you knock out this Pokemon, it won't reappear.
- Use GameShark codes at your own risk. In some cases, your game data may be lost.