How to Get Transcripts From a College With a Balance


Your official college transcript is a record of the classes you took, your grades and any degrees or certifications you earned in the process. At most schools, it is possible to get an unofficial printout of your transcript, even with an outstanding balance, however an official, sealed copy requires that you are in good standing with the school's finance office.

  • Visit your college registrar's office and pick up a transcript request form. You may also be able to download one from the school's website.

  • Fill out the form with the necessary information and mail, submit online or take it to the office. You will likely need a school ID or another form of identification.

  • Ask to speak to a representative of the bursar's office if the school will not release your transcript because of your outstanding balance.

  • Make a payment arrangement suitable to both you and the school that will enable you to receive an official copy of your transcript.

  • Ask for an unofficial copy of your transcript if you are not able to get an official copy until your balance is paid. You will still be able to use this transcript for many transactions, including applying for a job, if necessary.

  • Pay off the balance in accordance with your agreement and request an official copy of your transcript.

Related Searches


  • Photo Credit Creatas Images/Creatas/Getty Images
Promoted By Zergnet


Related Searches

Check It Out

Can You Take Advantage Of Student Loan Forgiveness?

Is DIY in your DNA? Become part of our maker community.
Submit Your Work!