Prepare a package of Duncan Hines brownies even without the instructions on the box. Like other packaged mixes, you only add a few staples from the pantry to prepare the mixture for baking. Once baked, the brownies become a sweet treat on their own or the base of a decadent dessert when topped with whipped cream or ice cream. Start with making a basic batch of brownies, then use your imagination to invent creative ways to decorate and use the treats.
Things You'll Need
- 8 by 8 inch baking pan
- Cooking spray
- Parchment paper (optional)
- Duncan Hines fudge brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Spray the bottom only of the baking pan with cooking spray. You may also choose to place an 8 inch by 8 inch square of parchment paper on the sprayed bottom of the pan for easier removal of the baked brownies.
Blend the brownie mix, eggs, vegetable oil and water, using a spoon (not an electric mixer), in a bowl until combined.
Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
Bake the brownies for 42 to 45 minutes. It's always best to set your timer for the lowest suggested time and check then if more time is required. You can always bake something longer, but once it's overdone, or even burnt, you're sunk. Cool them completely in the baking pan before cutting and enjoying.
Tips & Warnings
- Add an extra egg to the mixture to make brownies with a cake-like texture.
- Frost the brownies with cake icing after they've cooled, if desired.
- Substitute a larger 13 by 9 inch baking pan and reduce the cooking time to 27 to 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle chocolate, peanut butter or butterscotch chips over the brownie batter before baking for a sweet topping.
- Use the baked brownies as the base of a sundae or for making ice cream sandwiches.
- Photo Credit ITStock Free/Polka Dot/Getty Images
Baking Instructions for Duncan Hines Cake Mix in the Microwave
Baking a cake from scratch can often take hours and require a lot of different ingredients. So if you are in a...