eBay provides an online market place for people to buy and sell just about anything. Usually, transactions between buyers and sellers go well. Occasionally, however, something goes wrong, such as a buyer not paying for items purchased, a seller not shipping the items or inaccurate item descriptions that leave the buyer wanting a refund. If buyer and seller cannot work things out amicably, eBay offers the ability to open a case with their Resolution Center. These cases close automatically with the resolution of the problem. If no automatic resolution occurs, you can manually close the case.
Open your Internet browser, and navigate to the eBay Web site. Log on using the eBay account you opened the case under.
Click "My eBay" and "Summary" on the upper-right portion of the screen, and then click the "Account" tab.
Click "Resolution Center" from the list on the left side of the screen. Scroll down until you see the list of your cases.
Select the case you want to close, answer the question regarding the resolution of the problem and then click "Close Case."
Tips & Warnings
- Buyers can open a case after the estimated delivery date for items not received. If no estimated delivery date exists, buyers must wait seven days after submitting payment. No waiting period exists for inaccurately describer or defective items. eBay determines whether a buyer deserves a refund if the seller fails to respond in a timely fashion.
- Sellers must wait four full days before closing unresolved cases regarding lack of payment. After that time, sellers can offer the item to the next highest bidder or relist the item for sale. eBay provides a final value credit for unpaid items.
- eBay can suspend or cancel your account if you repeatedly fail to follow the expectations set forth in the eBay terms of service. For example, regularly failing to pay for items purchased can result in the loss of your eBay account privileges.
- Photo Credit Jupiterimages/Comstock/Getty Images
- How Long Does it Take a First-Time Home Buyer to Close?
How to Cancel an eBay Bid
To cancel an eBay bid, copy the item number, fill out a bid retraction form and paste the item number before letting...