Infrared grills can reduce cooking times and may cook foods more thoroughly. The Char-Broil infrared grill heats foods evenly due to a constant heat source. Emitter plates under the grates provide the constant heat needed to cook the food but they can become dirty after a while. The grill grates and plates on the infrared grill should be cleaned after each use to keep them in good condition. If you allow dirt, grease and debris to remain on the grill grates, they may need to be replaced.
Things You'll Need
- Infrared wire grill brush
- High-heat cooking oil
Turn the grill burners to high. Close the lid on the gas grill.
Allow the grill to heat for 15 minutes.
Scrub the grill grates with an infrared grill brush.
Turn over the infrared grill brush. Scrub the grill with the metal scraper on the back of the brush.
Allow the grill grates to cool. Remove the grates from the grill.
Brush the emitter plates under the grates with a wire grill brush. Scrape on the plates to remove any hard-to-remove debris.
Replace the grill grates. Spray the infrared grill grates and emitter plates with high-heat cooking oil.
Tips & Warnings
- Create a powerful cleaner by combining an equal amount of lemon juice and water in a spray bottle. Spray the solution onto the grates and scrub them with a wire grill brush.
- Remove difficult burned areas with a sharp razor blade once the burners cool.
- Wipe down the exterior of the infrared grill with warm soapy water and a washcloth.
- Follow the cleaning instructions listed in the owner's manual for best results.
- Avoid using abrasive cleaners to clean an infrared grill because they can scratch and damage the surface.
How to Cook on an Infrared Grill
The majority of infrared grills are powered by propane. A propane flame heats an infrared element to an extremely high temperature. The...
How to Clean a Charbroil Commercial Series Grill
Charbroil manufactures a line of barbeques, smokers, grills and fryers. One of these is the Charbroil Commercial Series Grill. Light cleaning will...
Guide to Char-Broil Infrared Cooking
The Char-Broil grill with the Quantum Infrared Cooking System is manufactured by Char-Broil, LLC, the oldest and largest grill brand company in...
Infrared Gas Grill Ratings
Nothing beats a barbecue, but cooking on a highly-rated infrared gas grill offers more advantages than just tasty food. Instead of using...
The Best Way to Clean an Infrared Grill
You can grill anything and everything on your infrared grill, from steaks to corn on the cob. Infrared grills, like gas and...