By default, when recording video the Canon Digital Rebel T2i also records audio using the camera’s built-in mono microphone. You can turn this sound-recording feature on and off using the T2i’s onboard menu system.
Turn the T2i’s main dial to “Video” mode. The Video mode icon resembles a movie camera.
Press the “Menu” button to open the first Video mode settings screen.
Scroll to the second Video mode tab, located second from the left on the list of icons displayed along the top of the T2i’s screen.
Scroll down to the “Sound Recording” field and switch it from “On” to “Off.”
Press “Set” and then press "Menu" to exit out of the Video mode settings menu and save your changes.
Tips & Warnings
- The T2i is also compatible with external microphones. When connected, the sound signal for an external microphone is turned on and off using the same procedure as the built-in microphone.
- When purchasing an external microphone, select one with a 3.5-mm stereo mini plug connection. If your ideal microphone doesn’t have one of these connections, you can purchase an adapter to convert to 3.5-mm from other cable connection types.
- To connect an external microphone to the camera, insert its 3.5-mm plug into the microphone IN port, located under the terminal cover on the side of the camera. The microphone input port is the top-most port found under the terminal cover and is labeled “MIC.”
- You can also disable the beeping sound that plays when focus is achieved or the self-timer is active. To disable this beeping sound on the T2i, press “Menu,” select “Beep” and press “Set.” Select “Disable” and press “Set” again to finish disabling the beep.
- Photo Credit Adam Taylor/Digital Vision/Getty Images
How to Turn off the Camera Click Noise on an iPhone
The camera click noise is a digital sound effect of a camera shutter clicking when a photo is taken on the Apple...
How Do I Turn on Sound on My Computer?
With the volume control on your personal computer, you can control the volume of your computer speakers. Many applications require the use...
How to Take Passport Photos From a Canon T2i
According to the DIYPhotography website, a passport photo is a 5-by-5-centimeter photograph used on a person's passport and other documents where identification...
How to Turn the Sound Off on Your Watch
Digital and analog watches from a variety of manufacturers make beeping sounds on the hour and when watch buttons are pushed. Some...
How to Turn Off the Flash on a Camera Canon PowerShot A470
The Canon PowerShot A470 digital camera has many features to help take photos in different lighting, including setting the camera flash to...