Apple cider vinegar, also known as cider vinegar, is a staple in many households because of its many healing and cleansing attributes. Apple cider vinegar is believed to sooth sunburn, lower cholesterol and destroy fungus. It can also help relieve a sore throat. Some people may experience a burning sensation in their throats when taking apple cider vinegar. This is because some people may be more sensitive to the vinegar's high acidity. If you experience burning, here is a way to help ease your throat discomfort.
Things You'll Need
- Water or green tea
Take 1 tsp. of honey. The honey will coat your throat and help the burn go away.
Sip a cup of warm water to help the honey coat your throat. You can drink warm green tea instead of water, but don't use dark teas, because they have a higher acidity.
If your throat is still burning, take another teaspoon of honey to coat your throat, and drink more water or warm green tea.
Tips & Warnings
- If the burning sensation does not go away, call your health care provider to determine if something else is causing the problem.
- Always dilute apple cider vinegar with water, tea or fruit juice before drinking it. Undiluted vinegar is very acidic and will irritate the throat.
- Health Diaries: 10 Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Apple Cider Vinegar Weight Loss: Apple Cider Vinegar Side Effects
- Amazing Green Tea: Apple Cider Vinegar Side Effects What You Must Know
- Weight Loss EMEDTV: Apple Cider Vinegar Side Effects
- Bragg: "An Apple Cider Vinegar A Day..." by Patricia Bragg N.D. Ph.D., Health Crusader
- Photo Credit Medioimages/Photodisc/Photodisc/Getty Images
How to Drink Water & Vinegar
Drinking undiluted apple cider vinegar can burn your throat and tongue because of its high acid content. When diluted with water you...
How to Treat a Burning Throat
How to Treat a Burning Throat. There is no known cure for a common cold or the flu. ... How to Soothe...
What Are the Dangers of Drinking Balsamic Vinegar?
One woman suffered inflammation and a second-degree burn to her throat after drinking a tablespoon of rice vinegar ... How to Gargle...
Remedies for a Sore & Burning Throat
Remedies for a Sore & Burning Throat. Sore throats are a common side effect of colds and influenza, ... How to Soothe...
Cider Vinegar & Honey Sore Throat Remedy
How to Cure a Sore Throat With Apple Cider Vinegar. Cold weather, sickness and excessive yelling are all possible causes of a...
How to Soothe a Raw Throat
Whether your raw throat is from having the flu or post-nasal drip or from cheering a little too loud at a concert...
How to Soothe a Sunburn With Vinegar
How to Soothe a Burned Throat From Apple Cider Vinegar; How to Treat A Sunburn with Noxzema; How to Get Rid of...