Apple cider vinegar, also known as cider vinegar, is a staple in many households because of its many healing and cleansing attributes. Apple cider vinegar is believed to sooth sunburn, lower cholesterol and destroy fungus. It can also help relieve a sore throat. Some people may experience a burning sensation in their throats when taking apple cider vinegar. This is because some people may be more sensitive to the vinegar's high acidity. If you experience burning, here is a way to help ease your throat discomfort.
Things You'll Need
- Water or green tea
Take 1 tsp. of honey. The honey will coat your throat and help the burn go away.
Sip a cup of warm water to help the honey coat your throat. You can drink warm green tea instead of water, but don't use dark teas, because they have a higher acidity.
If your throat is still burning, take another teaspoon of honey to coat your throat, and drink more water or warm green tea.
Tips & Warnings
- If the burning sensation does not go away, call your health care provider to determine if something else is causing the problem.
- Always dilute apple cider vinegar with water, tea or fruit juice before drinking it. Undiluted vinegar is very acidic and will irritate the throat.
- Health Diaries: 10 Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Apple Cider Vinegar Weight Loss: Apple Cider Vinegar Side Effects
- Amazing Green Tea: Apple Cider Vinegar Side Effects What You Must Know
- Weight Loss EMEDTV: Apple Cider Vinegar Side Effects
- Bragg: "An Apple Cider Vinegar A Day..." by Patricia Bragg N.D. Ph.D., Health Crusader
- Photo Credit Medioimages/Photodisc/Photodisc/Getty Images
How to Treat a Burning Throat
There is no known cure for a common cold or the flu. That simple fact doesn’t mean you have to suffer with...
How to Soothe a Sunburn With Vinegar
Many people treat mild or moderate sunburns with medicated gels, creams and lotions they find in drugstores. But if you don't have...
How to Drink Water & Vinegar
Vinegar is an acetic liquid that has been used in cooking since ancient times because of its sour flavor. Vinegar also has...
How to Soothe a Raw Throat
Whether your raw throat is from having the flu or post-nasal drip or from cheering a little too loud at a concert...
Remedies for a Sore & Burning Throat
Sore throats are a common side effect of colds and influenza, as well as allergies and other health issues. In most cases,...
Cider Vinegar & Honey Sore Throat Remedy
Most people have experienced a painful sore throat. Causes can be viral, bacterial or due to environmental or other irritants. While effective...