How to File a Complaint About Loud Music


Local city ordinances protect citizens against nuisances like loud music. Music that is blaring can disrupt sleep, business or disturb the peace. If you feel comfortable, request that the person responsible for the music turn it down. Often people are unaware that their music is bothering other people. If you live in an apartment complex, contact management about the problem. If these options are not available, you can contact the local authority.

Things You'll Need

  • Telephone
  • Contact your local police department. Call the department's non-emergency number or visit the office during business hours.

    Some police departments only make the non-emergency number available during business hours (e.g., 7:30 a.m. to 10:45 p.m.), after which you are permitted to call 9-1-1.

  • Inform the telephone representative about the noise violator. Report what address the music is coming from. If the music is coming from a vehicle, provide the operator of the vehicle, license plate number, vehicle description and direction of travel.

  • Answer questions about the noise complaint for the police officer when he/she comes to the scene, if needed. If there is more than one complainant, the officer could list all of you on the report or citation. The officer will then decide whether or not to issue a citation to the noise violator.


  • Photo Credit Images
Promoted By Zergnet


You May Also Like

Related Searches

Read Article

Are You Really Getting A Deal From Discount Stores?

Is DIY in your DNA? Become part of our maker community.
Submit Your Work!