How to Extend Traffic Tickets in Riverside, California


A speeding ticket in California can be costly. If you're caught going 16 to 25 miles over the speed limit, your fine, if found guilty, would be $328, as of May 2011. Even just 1-15 miles per hour over the speed limit could get you a $214 fine in California. Some jurisdictions allow you to extend payment of traffic fines. Riverside, California allows people with traffic tickets to request a 30-day extension up to two times. Request an extension before the appearance date listed on your citation.

  • Go the ePay-it website (see Resources) and click on your county. Riverside County is separated into east Riverside and west Riverside. Enter your name, birth date and citation or case number. Once the system locates your case, choose the option to request an extension.

  • Call the traffic department at the Superior Court of California at Riverside at 951-222-0384 to ask for an extension.

  • Visit the traffic department at the courthouse in person to request an extension. Make sure you bring a copy of your traffic ticket or the citation number. Speak to a clerk at the traffic department. She will be able to assist you. There is no form to fill out but be sure to get a new deadline for your traffic ticket. The address is 4100 Main Street, Riverside, CA 92501. The courthouse is open Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. except on holidays, as of May 2011.

  • Appear in court. If you have already requested two 30-day extensions, attend your court hearing and speak with the judicial officer. The court may extend your traffic ticket or come up with a different way for you to pay your fine.


  • Photo Credit Hemera Technologies/ Images
Promoted By Zergnet



You May Also Like

Related Searches

Read Article

10 Most Needed Jobs in the Future

Is DIY in your DNA? Become part of our maker community.
Submit Your Work!