To be eligible to renew a certified nursing aide certificate in Arkansas, you must have worked as a nursing assistant or performed nurse-related work for at least 8 consecutive hours in the preceding 24 months. Nursing students in the state of Arkansas do not have to pay to renew their CNA licensing certificate. If you have any employment restrictions due to patient abuse, neglect, theft or misappropriation, you cannot renew your Arkansas Certified Nurses Aide certificate (see Reference 1).
Things You'll Need
- Arkansas CNA license number
- Employer's name and address
- Social Security number
Go to www.prometric.com and enter "Arkansas CNA renewal" into the search box or use the link provided in Resource 1 (see Reference 1). Conversely, you can use the pull-down menu to click on Arkansas under the state, county and local government tab on the front page of the Prometric website. Then, click on the link for the CNA certificate exam. The renewal form is at the bottom of the page under Registry Services.
Click on the link at the bottom of the page titled "Arkansas Nursing Assistant Renewal Form."
Print pages one and two of the Arkansas Nursing Assistant Renewal Form.
Fill in the entire form with all the requested information completely.
Mail the completed form to:
Attn: Arkansas Nursing Assistant Registry Renewal
1260 Energy Lane
St. Paul, MN 55108
Tips & Warnings
- Be sure to complete and sign both pages of the certificate renewal form.
- Call Prometric at 800-818-8917 if you have any questions on your Arkansas CNA license renewal.
- If your name has changed from what is listed on your CNA license, you will need to also submit legal documents (such as a marriage license) documenting the name change. (see Resource 1)
- If you fail to renew your Arkansas CNA license within 24 months of its expiration, you will not be able to renew your license. You will then be required to take the CNA entrance exam again.
How to Renew an Expired CNA Certification
Certified nursing assistants, or CNAs, provide the hands-on care and attention that patients very much need, but that registered nurses and physicians...
How Do I Renew My CNA License in Texas?
There is no expiration date on a Certified Nursing Assistant license in Texas. To keep the license current, the CNA must contact...
How to Find Out If I Passed My CNA Exam
Before you can start working as a certified nurse's aide or certified nurse's assistant, you have to pass two exams that measure...
How to Obtain a CNA License in Florida
As a state with many retirees, Florida needs a constant supply of personnel for the medical-services industry. In addition to doctors and...
How to Transfer a CNA License From Missouri to Arkansas
Nursing assistants relocating from Missouri to Arkansas must obtain a nurse aide certificate in Arkansas before they can accept employment. You may...
- How to Renew an Expired Nurse Assistant License in Michigan
How Do I Renew My Expired CNA in Mississippi?
Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs), otherwise known as Nurse Aides in Mississippi, must work at least eight hours during the previous two years...