H&R Block is one of the most well-known tax preparation companies in the United States. While H&R Block also offers on-line tax preparation services, some taxpayers prefer to meet their tax-preparer in person. H&R Block has accountants and tax assistants available in its offices. Although walk-ins are welcomed, appointments are easy to set, flexibly scheduled and will reduce the risk of having to wait to see someone. There is no extra charge for scheduling an appointment, as opposed to walking in.
Visit the H&R Block official website using your Internet browser (see Resources).
Click the "Find an Office" tab on the H&R Block homepage. Then, click the "Find a Tax Professional" hyperlink that will be displayed directly below the "Find an Office" tab.
Select the option that reads, "Find a Tax Professional to prepare my return", when the "Tax Professional Finder" page loads. Then, click "Continue."
Choose the option that best describes the type of tax professional you're looking for. Then, click "Continue" again.
Go through the list of tax professionals and H&R Block locations that will be displayed (based on the preferences you provided). Click the hyperlink for your selection.
Enter the date you desire for your appointment. Then, click the drop-down bar under "Time" and select a time for the appointment. Finally, click "Continue" once again. If the date or time you requested is not available, the website will generate and display the next available time based on the information you provided.
Tips & Warnings
- While appointments are not required to receive service at H&R Block, they are highly recommended. Appointments ensure you will receive service in a timely fashion, without having to battle a long line of customers.
- You can always visit a local H&R Black office in advance to request an appointment at a later date, or call H&R Block Customer Support on 1-800-472-5625.
- Although there is no charge for making an appointment, H&R Block does charge up to $250 for the tax preparation service itself. Be sure that you understand upfront all the fees you may be charged.
- Photo Credit Comstock/Comstock/Getty Images
How to Watch Broadway Shows on Tape for Free in New York
If you are a fan of Broadway but are low on the funds required to pay the ticket price, New York City...
How to Become an H&R Block Tax Preparer
Tax season is a confusing time for most people. With so many forms, deductions and credits, filing a tax return can be...
- How to Create an Appointment Schedule