ESPN offers sports fans a multitude of fantasy games, including football, baseball, basketball and hockey. Owners of these teams may need to delete a team for any number of reasons. Sometimes fantasy players just stretch themselves too thin by making an inordinate number of teams. Other players may accidentally join the wrong league. As long as your draft has yet to start, ESPN makes it easy for you to leave a fantasy league.
Things You'll Need
- Internet access
Go to the ESPN homepage and click the "Fantasy & Games" link on the upper right-hand side.
Click the "Sign In" link in the top-right corner and enter your ESPN account information after which your fantasy teams appear in the right column below each sport.
Click on the name of the team that you want to delete to be taken to that team's page.
Click the "Leave League" link on your team page to delete your team and remove it from the league. Delete a team before the draft takes place or the link becomes unavailable.
Tips & Warnings
- There is no way to delete a team after the league draft.
- If you plan on deleting a team, it is courtesy to do so at least a few days before the draft. This allows the league commissioner to find a replacement owner in time for the draft.
- Any pre-draft player rankings or team logos you created while in the league disappear when you delete the team. Record this data if you wish to keep it.
- Keeper league players have the option to leave leagues in-between seasons. When ESPN re-opens the league and team pages before the new season, the "Leave League" option becomes available. It still must be done before the draft. The leaving owner has no way to access the team, but the roster will remain intact and be ready for the replacement owner to take over.
- Photo Credit Getty Images/Digital Vision/Getty Images
How Do I Embed a Chat Box on an ESPN Fantasy League Page?
How to Manage a Fantasy Football League on ESPN.com. ... How to Delete an ESPN Fantasy Team. ESPN offers sports fans a...
How to Cancel ESPN Alerts
ESPN Alerts is a service that sends sports information to your phone ... news and favorite sports teams. ... while Delete stops...
How to Play Fantasy Football
How to Play Fantasy Football. Thanks to fantasy football, you don't have to be 250 pounds and run the 40 in 4...