A 95 mile-per-hour fastball takes four-tenths of a second to get from the pitcher's hand to the catcher's mitt, giving you even less time to decide whether or not, and where, to swing. Baseball skills require constant upkeep. Miss a practice, lose a beat and the ball is by you. Baseball nets help you stay sharp, even when nobody else is around to practice with you.
Practice Makes Perfect
Nylon baseball nets are used for practice. A batter can hit softly tossed baseballs or balls off a tee into the net to work on her swing. A pitcher can use specially designed nets with strike zone cutouts to practice his pitching, safely working on high-velocity deliveries without a catcher. Nets catch baseballs, slow them down and keep them in a confined area so that you're not running all over the field after them, allowing you to practice by yourself or with a small group. And they help keep people in the area safe. Some nets are portable, framed with tentlike poles that can be put together on the spot. Other nets are more permanent, using sturdy metal frames that need to be assembled with tools.
- YouTube.com: SKLZ Combo Hitting and Pitching Baseball Net
- Exploratorium.edu: Biological Baseball
- YouTube.com: Bownet Big Mouth Review Portable Baseball Training Net
- Baseball Insider: Bow Net Baseball Nets Train Young Athletes in the Right Direction
- Baseball Insider: Soft Toss Practice Net Presents a More Laid Back Type of Training
- Photo Credit VanSnuG/iStock/Getty Images
- How to Make a Baseball Bat
- How to Build a Mosquito Net Frame
How to Build a Baseball Backstop
While a great game of baseball can be played anywhere, the national pastime is best enjoyed on a well-built diamond. Sure, you...
How to Make Your Own Baseball Pitchback
A baseball pitchback will allow you or your child to learn how to field grounders and anticipate the ball better. A pitchback...
How To Build a Baseball Dugout
Baseball is a team sport that is considered to be a national sport in the United States, but is popular in other...
How to Make a Batting Cage Net
Batting practice is very important to improve stance, follow through and hand-eye coordination. Setting up a batting net in your backyard could...