Air-O-Swiss is a company that manufactures air treatment systems such as humidifiers. Adding moisture to your home, especially when you sleep, will help you sleep better and will keep your skin, hair and nails moisturized. Because it is pumping more moisture into the room and because it is constantly wet, an Air-O-Swiss humidifier can develop mold growth. Clean this mold growth as soon as possible to prevent mold spores from circulating in the air.
Things You'll Need
- Paper towels
- White vinegar
- Spray bottle
- Scrubbing brush
Turn off the Air-O-Swiss and unplug it. Never attempt to clean a unit that is still attached to power and that has electricity running through it.
Remove the base of the humidifier by pressing the release button and pulling it out.
Empty the base of water by pouring it down the sink.
Fill a spray bottle with white vinegar. White vinegar is a natural cleaning solution that will kill bacteria as well as mold spores.
Spray the base completely with white vinegar. Let it sit for several minutes.
Scrub the white vinegar and mold off with a scrubbing brush. Rinse the base with clear water but don’t submerge it.
Fill the base with water and replace it by pressing it into the Air-O-Swiss until it snaps into place.
Spray any other components with white vinegar and scrub the mold spores off. Wipe the humidifier with paper towels or cloths to remove the mold and white vinegar residue.