A chicken breast is tender, white meat that is versatile enough to use in a multitude of meals. A whole chicken breast is a large cut, taken from the meaty front section of the bird. The breast can be sold whole, but commonly is packaged as half of a breast for cooking convenience and affordability. A halved chicken breast has enough meat for one large serving. To make a tasty chicken dish, use seasonings and cheeses to complement the meat's flavor.
Things You'll Need
- Baking pan
- Cooking spray
- Small bowl
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. seasoning salt
- Shallow bowl
- 3/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 spoons
- 4 boneless half chicken breasts
- Baking rack (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Prepare a baking pan by coating it with a thin layer of cooking spray.
Combine the butter, garlic, garlic powder and salt in a small bowl. Stir with clean spoon to blend the ingredients thoroughly.
Mix together the breadcrumbs, cheeses and black pepper in a shallow bowl. Stir with clean spoon to blend the ingredients thoroughly.
Immerse each half chicken breast into the butter mixture in the small bowl.
Roll each dipped chicken breast in the crumb mixture in the shallow bowl and place into the prepared baking pan.
Bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes or until the chicken's juices run clear.
Tips & Warnings
- For extra crispy chicken, place a baking rack into the baking pan. Set the chicken on the baking rack before placing in the oven.
- "365 Easy Chicken Recipes: Quick, Easy Ways to Cook Chicken"; Cookbook Resources; 2008
- "Cooking Basics For Dummies"; Bryan Miller, Marie Rama and Eve Adamson; 2011
- Photo Credit Polka Dot Images/Polka Dot/Getty Images
- How to Bake Chicken
How to Bake Juicy Chicken Breast
This recipe for juicy baked chicken breasts is not only easy and delicious, but also affordable and healthy for anyone.
How to Cook Half a Breast of Chicken
With only 142 calories, half of a chicken breast is an ideal, high-protein food for those who are watching their weight. A...
- How to Bake Bone in Chicken Breasts
How to Bake Whole Chicken Halves
Splitting a whole chicken lets the bird cook more quickly and evenly, and it can make for a more elegant presentation --...
Oven Baked Chicken and Rice Recipe
Baked chicken and rice is an easy dish to prepare for a casual dinner with your family or some friends. It has...