Egyptian passports are given to Egyptian nationals who are interested in traveling the world. Whether you are studying abroad, going on a business trip, or visiting friends and family, a passport is an essential document that must be obtained before boarding the plane. Follow these steps and you will be traveling in no time.
Things You'll Need
- Original Egyptian birth certificate
- Original Egyptian identification card
- Copy of Egyptian identification card
- Four 3X4 cm recent photographs
- Cash or money order of seventy-five dollars
Locate an Egyptian Consulate or embassy . You must apply for a passport in person at the Egyptian Consulate or embassy.
Apply for an ordinary passport if you are a regular citizen who is simply traveling. If you are a government official, military personnel or diplomat, apply for an official passport. Sign the documents in front of the notary public in residence.
Submit photographs, the original and copy of your identification card, and your original birth certificate to the official at the consulate. This will establish proof of your nationality, which will be sent to the Egyptian Ministry of Interior for verification.
Pay your passport fee by cash or money order. Personal checks are not accepted.
Tips & Warnings
- Applying and receiving a passport can take up to six weeks, so arrange for travel plans at that time, or delay plans until you actually receive your passport. Passports are valid for seven years, and to receive a replacement, you must go through the application process all over again.
- Photo Credit Jupiterimages/Comstock/Getty Images
How Long Does It Take to Get a Passport?
Exploring the jungle-covered Mayan ruins of Mexico, backpacking through quaint European villages or experiencing the diverse cuisine of Mediterranean seaside villages all...
How to Make Egyptian Costumes
Egyptian costumes are great to use for Halloween costumes. They are also striking for group costumes for costume parties and for theater...
How to Apply for a New Passport
Passports prove the identity and the nationality of the traveler, so they are vital for anyone planning to go to another country....
What Forms of ID Do I Need to Get a Passport?
A passport is necessary for any travel outside the country and is a widely accepted form of identification and proof of citizenship....