Kenmore residential clothes dryers are reliable, easy-to-use appliances that are manufactured by the Whirlpool Corporation. When Kenmore dryers are given regular care and maintenance, it's not unusual to go for years without having to schedule an appointment for repair service. If your Kenmore dryer does malfunction, oftentimes all it takes to solve the problem is a simple circuit breaker reset. Perform this simple reset and have your dryer working again in minutes.
Find your home's main circuit breaker box; this box is usually located in the basement, garage or laundry room.
Open the door to the circuit breaker box to expose the circuit breaker switches. Locate the switch labeled "Dryer"; this is the switch that supplies the electricity to your appliance.
Throw the dryer's circuit breaker switch to the "Off" position; leave the switch in this position for approximately five minutes.
Restore the electricity to your Kenmore clothes dryer by flipping the appropriate breaker switch to the "On" position.
Tips & Warnings
- Test your Kenmore dryer after resetting it by selecting and starting a heated drying cycle; the appliance should operate normally.
- If you are continually having to reset your Kenmore dryer, a faulty internal component may be to blame. Troubleshoot and repair the appliance yourself or contact Kenmore customer support to schedule a service appointment.
- "Cheap & Easy! Clothes Dryer Repair"; Douglas Emley; 2003
- Manage My Life: Kenmore Dryer Owner's Manual
- Manage My Life: Kenmore Elite Dryer Use and Care Guide
How to Reset a Bosch Dryer
The Bosch Company is probably known best for its high-end dishwashers, but the company also produces other home appliances including refrigerators, stoves,...
How to Reset a Sears Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer
The Sears Kenmore Elite Oasis clothes washer is designed for home use and offers several features, such as a top-loading feature, high...
How to Reset a Kenmore Furnace
Gas furnaces, like Kenmore brand gas furnaces, need to be reset at times in order to function properly. The reset button on...
How to Reset a Dryer After a Flood
It's no secret that water and appliances generally don't mix well. Flood damage is destructive to appliances and can frequently render them...
Is There a Reset Button for Whirlpool Dryers?
Whirlpool dryers can do many things, such as monitor moisture levels and temperature, reduce noise, periodically tumble clothes to remove wrinkles, steam...