The Hot Shot brand Ultra Liquid Roach Bait attracts roaches to the bait, which contains pesticide. The pesticide used in these baits is dinotefuran, a common and relatively safe pesticide to use in homes because it contains no known carcinogens or causes no serious health effects in humans. Proper placement of the bait stations will help better control a roach infestations.
Find the small circular tab on the side of the bait station and pull it. This opens the bait station for the roaches to crawl in and eat the bait.
Place bait stations in rooms where you have seen cockroaches.
Place the bait stations near water sources in the home such as in the bathroom and kitchen. Roaches will often seek water before seeking food, and you may not always see the roaches since they are nocturnal.
Set the bait stations in out-of-the-way locations so that pets and children do not come in contact with them. This may include under or inside cabinets, closets and the refrigerator.
Throw out bait stations that are empty or older than three months. If you still have roaches, put out new bait stations.
Wash your hands with soap and water after opening and putting out the bait stations.
Tips & Warnings
- The product label recommends putting one to five bait stations in the kitchen and one bait station in each bathroom.
- Keep children away from bait stations.
- If ingestion occurs, seek medical help immediately.
- Cornell University: Pesticide Management Education Program: Registration of Hot Shot Ultra Liquid Roach Bait (EPA Reg. No. 9688-239-8845) Containing the Active Ingredient Dinotefuran. Chemical Code: 044312
- Hot Shot: Hot Shot Ultra Liquid Roach Bait Product Label
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency: Pesticide Fact Sheet: Dinotefuran
- Hot Shot: Hot Shot Ultra Liquid Roach Bait Material Safety Data Sheet
How to Use Roach Bait
A roach bait is a small, round or square plastic disk that is loaded with food laced with concentrated, slow-acting roach poison....
Homemade Roach Bait
There is a long-standing joke that cockroaches would survive a nuclear attack or cataclysmic event that destroyed all other life on the...
How to Make a Mouse Bait Station
Bait stations provide a space to place bait intended to kill mice. They may be constructed to prevent spilling of bait and...