When doing research or writing a paper, a bibliography is important to show what books, articles, websites or encyclopedias were used as sources for the paper or item being written. A bibliography should be alphabetized by author, last name first. If there is no author, use the title.
Double-space between entries. Do not number each entry.
The first line of each entry should not be indented. The remaining lines should.
End each entry with a period.
Underline the titles of books, magazines and encyclopedias.
Use quotes around the titles of articles in magazines and encyclopedias.
Tips & Warnings
- Entries for books should be written as: author (last name, first name), title of book, city of publication, publisher's name, year of publication.
- For magazines, only the author, article title, magazine title, date of publication and page the article is on is needed.
- For encyclopedias, the author, article title, encyclopedia title, edition and year are needed.
- For a website, the author, title, date created or last revised, sponsoring or associated institution, date website was viewed and website address.
- Photo Credit Photos.com/Photos.com/Getty Images
What is a Bibliography?
At some point in every student's life the need to know what a bibliography is and how it is used will arise....
How to Write a Bibliography
A *bibliography* is a page or pages at the end of a paper or book that list all of the sources that...
How to Make a Bibliography with Microsoft Word
A bibliography is a list of the sources that were used to research a subject in order to prepare a certain type...
How to Do a Bibliography in Turabian Style
Turabian style is one of the styles used for citing sources in an academic paper. According to American University Library, Turabian style...
How to Write an Annotated Bibliography with Multiple Authors
An annotated bibliography is an expanded form of a normal bibliography, which includes citations of references used in a research paper. In...
How to Write a Bibliography for a Website
The web is a vast resource for information. When performing research for a written piece, it is not uncommon for individuals to...