Burton jackets are designed to be worn for snowboarding, so they need to be waterproof to keep you comfortable and dry while riding the slopes. Washing your jacket with regular laundry detergent can destroy it. In order to maintain your jacket, use a non-detergent cleaner. This will protect the jacket's water repellency, so you stay dry on the snowiest of days.
Things You'll Need
- Non-detergent cleaner
- Washing machine
- Waterproofing wash-in
Brush any dirt off your jacket. Zip and button it, then close the fabric fastener.
Place your jacket in the washing machine and add 5 ounces of non-detergent cleaner to the washing machine. Set the washing machine on its lowest temperature and start the washing cycle.
Reproof the jacket using a waterproofing wash-in. Add 5 ounces to the washing machine after the machine has filled with water.
Hang your jacket to let it air dry. Do not use a dryer.
Tips & Warnings
- Wash the jacket by itself.
- Do not use ordinary detergents as these can damage the jacket.
- Photo Credit Jupiterimages/Comstock/Getty Images
- How to Renew a Jacket's Water Repellency
- How to Clean a Leather Jacket
- How to Clean Waterproof Jackets
- How to Wash Jackets With Fur
How to Wash a Snowboard Jacket
Well waterproofed clothing is essential to keeping you comfortable and safe out on the slopes. Incorrectly washing your jacket or snowboard pants...
- How to Clean Sports Jackets at Home