Your Facebook Friend Requests page has the list of friend requests you have sent to other Facebook users. Each person on the list has an associated Friend Request Sent button. If you want to cancel a sent friend request, use the Cancel Request option from the Friend Request Sent button's menu. The Friend Requests page is accessible through the Friends icon on the website's menu bar.
Sign in to your Facebook dashboard and click the Friends icon on the menu bar to open the Friend Requests menu.
Click Find Friends to open the Friend Requests page. It is also possible to open the Friend Requests page by clicking the Find Friends tab in the menu bar. If the Find Friends tab is missing from the menu bar, it is because Facebook automatically removes the tab after it has determined that your account has enough friends.
Click the View Sent Requests link to open the Friend Request Sent page.
Review the list of friend requests that you have sent. Depending on the number of friend requests, you may have to scroll down the page to view the entire list.
Open the Friend Requests Sent page by clicking the Friends icon, selecting Find Friends from the drop-down menu and then clicking View Sent Requests. Locate the person whose friend request you want to cancel and then hover your cursor over his Friend Request Sent button.
Select the Cancel Request option from the list of menu items.
Click the Cancel Request button on the pop-up dialog box if you change your mind about deleting the friend request.
Tips & Warnings
- Delete a friend request from another user by using the Delete Request option. Click the "Friends" icon on the menu bar, select "Find Friends" from the menu and then click "Delete Request" next to the person whose request you don't want to accept.
- To prevent multiple friend requests from the same user after using the Delete Request option, click the "Mark as Spam" button that appears next to his name after deleting his friend request.
- The Friend Request Sent button appears on the profiles of users who have received a friend request from you. The button only appears if you are logged in to your Facebook account.
- View all of your Facebook notifications by opening the Your Notifications page. Click the "Notifications" icon on the menu bar, which resembles an image of the earth. Click "See All" from the drop-down menu to open the Your Notifications page.
- Facebook does not notify a sender when you delete his friend request from your account.
- Update your Web browser and browser plugins to the latest versions; otherwise, Facebook may not properly display all of the menu tabs and icons.