Rubber bands are one inexpensive way to secure many types of items. However, because of their light-weight, loose structure, it's easy to lose them amongst other items in a drawer or cabinet. In addition, because they are made of rubber and other degradable components, rubber bands may lose flexibility and weaken if stored in an improper area. Storing your rubber bands properly will extend their useful life and keep your office space tidier.
Things You'll Need
- Sealable plastic freezer bags
- Lidded containers
Separate rubber bands into piles according to size.
Place each pile into separate sealable freezer bags. Press the air out of each and seal.
Place the bags in a lidded container and place this in a cool, dark area, such as a closet or drawer.
Tips & Warnings
- If your home or office is not climate-controlled and gets hot in the summer, place the container of rubber bands in your refrigerator.
- If you purchase your rubber bands in the form of a rubber band ball, just stick the whole ball in a freezer bag and place it in a drawer or on a shelf away from sunlight.
- Do not store rubber bands with silver items as rubber stimulates silver tarnish.
- Rubber bands are a choking hazard and must be kept away from children and pets.
- Photo Credit Jupiterimages/Photos.com/Getty Images
How to Make a Rubber Band Ball
The rubber band ball is often considered a truly magnificent act of boredom. On the contrary, creating a rubber band ball can...
How to Make Gift Baskets With Dollar Store Items
Making gift baskets can be fun and easy to do. All you need is a nice basket that you can purchase at...
How to Magically Break and Repair a Rubber Band
Perform a little magic for your friends at school, your co-workers or for your fellow partygoers. This is a fun little trick...
How to Make Rubber Bands
There are so many things you can do with rubber bands. You can make a rubber band ball or a rubber band...
Uses of Rubber Gloves
Rubber gloves are common household items that offer many uses. They are inexpensive to purchase and are used for personal care, cleaning,...