Nail glue is a type of adhesive used to adhere fake nails to your own. Once applied the glue doesn't come off until you soak your nails in a solution that dissolves the adhesive. Nail glue spills and smears that occur on your phone bond quickly with the surface the same way super glue does. It's important to remove the glue to avoid getting it stuck to your fingers or any other surface. This must be done carefully so the adhesive is removed without damaging the phone.
Things You'll Need
- Emery board
- Rubber gloves
- Cotton balls
- Clean cloths
- Mild soap
Allow the nail glue to harden on the surface of the phone. Attempting to wipe it off while it's still soft can result in spreading the adhesive further. File the hardened nail glue with an emery board to wear down the glue as close as possible to the surface without rubbing against the phone.
Wear rubber gloves to protect your skin from irritation. Wet a cotton ball with acetone and squeeze out the excess.
Wipe the remaining nail glue stain with the acetone-dampened cotton ball. Continue to wipe as the adhesive softens and lifts from the surface. As the glue is removed change to a clean cotton ball and continue to wipe until the nail glue is gone.
Dampen a clean cloth with warm water and add one drop of mild soap. Squeeze out excess moisture from the cloth before wiping the surface of the phone to remove the acetone. Rinse the phone by wiping it with a damp cloth then dry with another cloth.
Tips & Warnings
- Allow nail glue to dry completely before handling your phone or other objects.
- Avoid spills by moving your phone and other objects away from your work space when applying fake nails.
- Always squeeze out excess moisture when cleaning off your phone. Too much moisture can cause damage to the phone.
- Photo Credit Creatas/Creatas/Getty Images Polka Dot Images/Polka Dot/Getty Images
How to Get Super Glue Off Your Skin
While Super Glue is ideal for fixing things, it's downright scary when the glue bonds to your skin. Most fast-bonding glues, including...
How to Get Rid of Toe Nail Fungus
Toe nail fungus is an organism that lives in dark wet climates. The same fungus can exist in the fingernails, but it...
- How to Remove Fake Nail Glue
- How to Get Nail Glue Off
- What Can You Do to Get Nail Glue Off of Your Glasses?