Wobbling occurs when the front wheel and handlebars suddenly start shaking from side to side. This malfunction can occur at any speed. If your bike starts to wobble, remember the following instructions.
Things You'll Need
- Motorcycle Gloves
- Motorcycle Jacket
- Motorcycle Pants
- Motorcycle Owner's Manual
- Motorcycle Insurance
- Eye Protection For Motorcycle Riders
- Federally Approved Motorcycle Helmets
Don't try to accelerate out of a wobble, it will only make the cycle more unstable. Instead, firmly grip the handlebars; don't attempt to fight the wobble.
Gradually close the throttle to slow the motorcycle. Don't use your brakes; braking could make the wobble worse.
Adjust your weight as far forward and as low as possible.
Pull off the road as soon as it's safely possible, and try to correct the problem.
Tips & Warnings
- Most wobbles result from improper loading, unsuitable accessories, or incorrect tire pressure. After you've pulled off the road, search for a wheel that's bent or out of alignment, poorly adjusted steering, a windshield or fairing that's improperly mounted or not designed for the motorcycle, loose wheel bearings or loose spokes.
- Carry a cellular phone in case you can't get your bike to function properly.
- Motorcycling is an inherently dangerous activity that can result in serious injury or death. We recommend that you seek proper training and equipment before attempting this activity.
Causes of Motorcycle Tire Wobble
When a wheel goes bad on a motorcycle, the rider could be in serious danger. A wheel that wobbles repeatedly without moving...
How to Fix a Low-Speed Wobble on a Kawasaki Voyager
A lot of different motorcycles, ... The wobble occurs in the front wheel between the front fork arms due to vibrations emanating...
How to Balance Motorcycle Tires
Use a high-speed balancer when replacing motorcycle tires with advice from an ... like your bike is off or has a wobble...
What Causes Tires to Wobble?
Causes of Motorcycle Tire Wobble. When a wheel goes bad on a motorcycle, the rider could be... How to Repair a Wobble...
How to Handle & Avoid Wobbling on a Motorcycle
In order to avoid wobbling on a motorcycle, ... the front end may start wobbling a little bit just because of the...
How to Remove a Front Motorcycle Tire
Removing the front wheel from a motorcycle may seem like a difficult task, but it doesn’t need to be. ... your wheel...
How to Do the Dance Wobble
How to Handle and Avoid Wobbling on a Motorcycle. Wobbling occurs when the front wheel and handlebars suddenly start shaking from side...