Wobbling occurs when the front wheel and handlebars suddenly start shaking from side to side. This malfunction can occur at any speed. If your bike starts to wobble, remember the following instructions.
Things You'll Need
- Motorcycle Gloves
- Motorcycle Jacket
- Motorcycle Pants
- Motorcycle Owner's Manual
- Motorcycle Insurance
- Eye Protection For Motorcycle Riders
- Federally Approved Motorcycle Helmets
Don't try to accelerate out of a wobble, it will only make the cycle more unstable. Instead, firmly grip the handlebars; don't attempt to fight the wobble.
Gradually close the throttle to slow the motorcycle. Don't use your brakes; braking could make the wobble worse.
Adjust your weight as far forward and as low as possible.
Pull off the road as soon as it's safely possible, and try to correct the problem.
Tips & Warnings
- Most wobbles result from improper loading, unsuitable accessories, or incorrect tire pressure. After you've pulled off the road, search for a wheel that's bent or out of alignment, poorly adjusted steering, a windshield or fairing that's improperly mounted or not designed for the motorcycle, loose wheel bearings or loose spokes.
- Carry a cellular phone in case you can't get your bike to function properly.
- Motorcycling is an inherently dangerous activity that can result in serious injury or death. We recommend that you seek proper training and equipment before attempting this activity.
How to Remove a Front Motorcycle Tire
Removing the front wheel from a motorcycle may seem like a difficult task, but it doesn’t need to be. In fact, it...
How to Fix a Low-Speed Wobble on a Kawasaki Voyager
The Voyager is a model of motorcycle produced by Kawasaki Heavy Industries based in Japan. A lot of different motorcycles, including the...
How to Do the Dance Wobble
The Wobble dance operates along the same lines as a line dance, where a group of people gather together, face the same...
Causes of Motorcycle Tire Wobble
When a wheel goes bad on a motorcycle, the rider could be in serious danger. A wheel that wobbles repeatedly without moving...
What Causes Tires to Wobble?
Tire wobbles create a frightening experience for good reason: They're dangerous. Tire wobble most often originates in the tires themselves: One tire...