How to Request Your Child's Classroom Teacher


There are many reasons to request a specific teacher for your child. You could know the teacher personally and trust her to provide your child with the best education or your child's friends may be in the class you desire. The transfer process gets a little difficult if your child already has a teacher for the year. Avoid these tense situations by filing your request well before the new school year. If you must request a transfer after your child has already been assigned to a classroom, be polite and empathetic to avoid insulting the current teacher.

  • Call the school office and ask for information about the process. Some schools strictly forbid transferring students, while others are open to the idea if the parent handles it properly. Record the information you receive so you know the official channels to pursue.

  • Speak with your child's teacher (if the school already assigned your child to a class) before you submit the request anywhere else. Explain to the teacher why you would request the change in an honest way. The teacher may throw in her support, giving your request for a transfer more gravity with school officials.

  • Send a change of placement request through the official channels outlined by the officials in the school office. Some schools prefer written requests; others prefer an interview with the parents. Remain calm and courteous throughout the proceedings.

Tips & Warnings

  • If you fear your teacher is discriminating against your child, speak frankly with your child's teacher without being rude. The problem could be a simple misunderstanding you can resolve without needing to transfer your child.


Promoted By Zergnet


You May Also Like

Related Searches

Check It Out

Make an Adorable Baby Bandana Bib With This Easy Tutorial

Is DIY in your DNA? Become part of our maker community.
Submit Your Work!