Weight control is primarily centered on your eating habits. Factors such as genes, metabolism, activity level or daily life all influence your weight. Many people find it difficult to lose or control their weight, but there are people who want to put on pounds for sports or certain activities or who just want to be a little bigger. You can put on quality weight while keeping your fat ratio down by creating a healthy, calorie-laden diet.
Things You'll Need
- Food journal
- Weight-gain protein powder
Use a food journal to help you keep track and on task of your goal. Write down your calories and foods that you eat every day so you can keep track of the kinds of food you're eating, as well as the quantity of food. A food journal can also help you plan and prepare your meals so you can stay on track of your original goal.
Consume more calories. You need to devour an additional 3,500 calories past your base metabolism to put on one pound. An average man intakes about 2,500 calories a day. To gain one pound you must eat 2,500 plus an additional 500 calories a day to gain one pound in a week.
Drink your calories. Use weight-gainer protein shakes to help add calories to your diet. Follow the instructions on the drink package for preparation and use.
Eat six meals a day --- three large main meals and three snacks with at least three hours of separation between each meal so you can digest. You will be able to keep your body constantly loaded with nutrients and calories throughout the day. Aim to shoot for 650 to 800 calories in your regular meals and 300 to 500 calories in snacks.
Improve your eating habits. Add healthy and nutritious foods to your diet rather than junk, processed food products that contain high amounts of bad fats, refined carbohydrates and sugars. Aim for fruits, vegetables, lean proteins and healthy fats as a source of calories. Focus on quantity and quality of the food you consume.
Tips & Warnings
- Exercise can help transform your body weight and composition. You can create lean muscle and pack on the pounds while avoiding an increase in fat composition by weight training in conjunction with a diet.
- Have one cheat meal a week to crush any cravings you may attain when on such an eating regiment.
- Eating unhealthy foods may lead to undesirable weight gain with a higher percentage of fat. Stick to a clean diet to avoid increasing your fat ratio.
- Fat Free Kitchen: Weight Gain
- "Scrawny to Brawny: The Complete Guide to Building Muscle the Natural Way"; Michael Mejia, John Berardi; 2005
- Diet Health Club: Weight Gain Tips
- Fitday: Creating a Healthy Weight Gain Diet for Bodybuilding
- Photo Credit bodybuilder image by Alex from Fotolia.com
How to Increase Body Fat?
In modern industrialized countries with plenty of food, obesity is the biggest dietary problem. Being too thin, however, can be just as...
How to Increase Fetal Weight
Increasing the weight of your unborn baby helps to ensure a healthy delivery and to prevent health complications for your child. It...